A photo of a kitchen , which shows some things around a house that might cause an injury which could need first aid. Some dangers we can spot are:
- A toaster near a sink: Things that use electricity should never be in or near water as it could cause an electric shock. Bad electric shocks can cause burns or even make someone become unresponsive and stop breathing.
- An open box of laundry tabs on the floor by a washing machine: Liquitabs for washing clothes or dishes have very dangerous chemicals inside them. They are often brightly coloured so they may look fun but they can cause burns or poisoning.
- A hot iron on an ironing board: Hot irons can cause burns. They are also very heavy and can cause bumps and bruises if they fall on someone.
- A cable lying across the floor: Things lying on the floor like this power cable could cause someone to trip and fall. This could cause a nasty bump or even a broken bone.
- A fruit bowl on the edge of a countertop: Heavy things close to the edge of surfaces could fall and cause bad bumps and bruises.
- A knife on a chopping board at the edge of a countertop: Knives should not be left out where young children could reach them. Accidents can lead to bad cuts and bleeding.
- A tea towel near the hob: Tea towels and other items near a hob can catch fire. Fires can cause damage and burns.
- A saucepan being heated on the cooker with the handle sticking out: Hot pans on the cooker should always have their handles turned safely away from the edge of the cooker, so they cannot be knocked over. Hot pans can lead to bad burns.